Thursday 21 April 2011

Maudlin Thursday

Ok--this is Holy Week, the end of a very long Lenten season, leading up to Easter Sunday, arguably the most holy day of the Christian calendar. I had so many things perking in my brain to talk to you about, and so much of myself I wanted to share so that maybe some of my blogs would make more sense, especially to my kind readers who really don't want to be, as my favorite ref put it,"God botherers", whatever that means.
I said I planned to, but once again events foreshadow my best-laid plans. In my country we love our constitution, especially when it sides with our own needs. The most precious being free speech, in my opinion, that keeps all the other freedoms in balance. Britain is where we got most of our Judeo-Christian values.
I hate Old firm games.There I said it. I do not hate soccer, I do not hate any team or player, I hate any ancient evil that is tolerated. In my country the big hate was your color or lack of it. Here, believe it or not it is your religion you die for. For loving God however you express it, or the freedom to openly say you reject God. Now if God doesn't smite people down for this, who are we?
For the apparent crime of wearing a Celtic supporter shirt to work a woman was sent a letter bomb. For being the Manager and his lawyer another bomb cluster issued. If we let this go it is condoning attempted murder.Nothing less. Does this make all Celtic violence ok now? absolutely not. Both sides contributed to the mess we got this week, and neither backs down.
Many feel Rangers assistant doofus Mr M and his lot got off scot-free recently, and I am sure Cetic have caused their fair share of this perfect crap too. This is wrong and more serious than a few game bans.
The Easter Sunday game should be played fan-less to penalize them in the wallet. Murray is trying to peddle the Rangers and Lloyds bank inherited the team from the cob-job of Bank of Scotland bail out(shady but thats for another day), so a financial hit would teach fans a lesson. Celtic is behind just now and even though not in major financial woes, rely on the souvenirs above already exorbitant ticket prices.
Up to now fan madness has been poo-pooed and both sides blame the middle."It is not our fans it is a few rogue nut cases "I am sure they think. Well guess what? what if the intended victims hadn't opened the packages? are there never any kids in these homes? I do not know in your house , but my mail is dropped through a door hole and anyone could pick it up. Not to mention endangering mail carriers. I am in such a rage.
This is sport and the other day I ranted on and on about mental fitness  being so important to the preparation of a game. Did you notice a "game" not Armageddon? It is after all, soccer.It is not a holy war and if it was both sides would lose. We pay so much for security at these old firm games because fans can't control their own selves. Well. I propose you tally the cost from now on and pass it back to the teams, they can learn sharing from dividing the costs and passing it back to fans in ticket sale prices. We are all looking to cut back in the new economy-the waste from security costs could probably keep a mounted policeman paid for a year each game.See, sports really could be good for the country.
A while back I blogged about a woman who said if she paid for the ticket, she could do anything she wanted at a game. I never thought we would go past that in ignorance, singing sectarian songs in this day and age. Well singing can incite a riot, but it still is far overshadowed by a bomb, nope make it 3 bombs that we know of.
I am neither for or against Catholics or Protestants as a religion. Keep it in church, if you can't go to a sports event and stay sober enough to be rational. Time to grow up. I draw the line at bombs. You worry about sending troops into harms way in Libya, and you are more likely in Scotland to die opening your mail. Last chance fans, we can shut this down now if we have to.Death and taxes are required, sports are optional. Jail is where this person is headed, but there is a collective cultural blame.
If possible, God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment