Tuesday 12 April 2011

Consider this darlings...

Ok--there is no fool like an old fool. I am 52 years of age--which I hope will not turn out to be middle age. My Mother's Mom is 100 years old, and Mom is 29 ad I am 52, (and a bit of a diplomat). I started this blog on April Fools Day so if it were universally hated, I could say it was all a joke.
Yes I am the cheerleader for insecurity. I call myself a writer, but my old man had a blog way before me. I always thought i had words for Hallmark greeting cards(people have me give them sentiments to write on cards and gifts). But for serious thinkers, I thought, oh never, they will laugh me off Facebook. Today is a pretty sunny day, so I am getting tons of things done around the house and things i put off till i had no one under foot but me.. I am happy to report I thoroughly enjoyed having the house to myself today.
In fact, and not just cause I am sorting and cleaning, I am still in my night clothes. Which leads to todays blog. Someone came to my door. When they just stood there i panicked, then they knocked and i was not dressed to answer the door. So I sat perfectly still and waited. They lifted the cover to my letter box. Then when they tried the handle it sounded like to me they got in. My heart was pounding to beat the band. If it HAD been Jim he calls out as soon as he comes in, so I reached for the phone to dial 999 and luckily they turned on their heels and left.
Phewww is right. Listen, everyone is welcome in my house, but call first as I am often needing to be prepared as in dressed, hair combed, etc. It is not like you need permission, I will gladly say yes, but I need to to get my act together. (the least of which is run the hoover!, loll)
Ok tea tonight is salmon, lemon balsamic rice, and butter beans. Hope Jim had a light lunch.) anyhoo I must carry on my chores and finish writing tomorrows blog in my head, as it is controversial and i don;t want to be angry when I write the piece. When I am peeved I don't think clearly enough.By now I am confident that you understand.
God bless.

1 comment: