Saturday 30 April 2011

Last day before May Day

Ok--
A million years ago when I lived in America, May Day was a special day at our church. There were baskets of posies given to take home and replant or if your friend didn't have a green thumb, maybe a basket of muffins and a pretty flowery mug. The point was it was officially recognizing Spring had arrived.
Now of course I also know if you are a pilot, May Day has another meaning, but that is not the context I am writing in today. Last Saturday a real gentleman friend sent roses home for me with my hubby. Call me sentimental, but a girl loves flowers from a gentleman.
Yes I know you may love your wife, but an occasional wildflower bouquet will melt her heart in a way every woman needs to be melted. I know men are logical and it won't make sense to you, but women are more emotion than logic I am told.
Anyhoo, I am grabbing some flowers on my way to the PRFC, so I can spread some of the cheer I have had all week watching my flowers open and bloom.
Why not take a wee nature walk and pick a fistful of fun for your house. Or a quick trip to the petrol station may yield a bunch that are suitable. Just a new muffin recipe and share with some people at church. I love my new church and i hope they come to love me as well. I know the last place broke my  heart, but guess what? it is sturdy and it can take a few more disappointments. This church is not a social club, it is a place where you actually need your Bible for the service, can you imagine? i bet for some of you it is stiff and boring sounding so I advise you find what you are looking for cause it is out there. Don't give up, just think what you want a be a good detective. Don't settle for ordinary, church can be an adventure in getting to know you, and your own family.I have attended four churches now in 8 years, one because of one wedding only (Helen C) and thats another story for another day.
Happy May day tomorrow, pay some joy forward, as one day your tank may be empty and you will need a smile to lift your day. People really do try to be loving when you let them, and now we also need to learn how to receive love as well. Small kind gestures.Not big Royal wedding type affairs--just a friendly howdy do neighbor.
God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment