Saturday 9 April 2011

Another Saturday night

Ok--there are so many things I want to write about that it is hard to limit myself by any constraint but time.It is almost 11 am and the old man wants me to go to the rugby at 1pm. If you follow his blog "the Loose thinker--"you will see rugby is his religion, and he is good at it.
I am still a little shaken that i got reported for abuse or spamming,but i figure some people read this just to find the errors, some read it to make sure they are not in it, and some need to make others feel as bad as they do-- so I like to think I have something for everyone.
The old man has been on holiday and I realized how quiet my life is in general. I don't have to make him lunch or get him cold drinks when he is at work, and no one is usually here to hear me scream at the news at noon or grumble there is no good daytime TV.
Then i remember how lost I am when the company sends him to england,and how much i call and check on him not becoming to tired driving, yup i am a naggy wife. I worry over every thing in case something happens and I won't have time to worry then. Needless to say (but I will) nothing i worry about usually happens--or tragedies hit me from out of the blue. Four people from my little community at home in NY died recently, and they were very different people in the ways i knew them. One was Roger Dow who ran a local petrol station and i think car repair. One was the father-in-law of my friend Billy Mc, one i didn't know well, and one was Louis Trexler.
I  only saw this man once or twice when i was at his house, but he worked hard and treated me with respect like I was own of his own kids. That was rare for me with friends parents. The smartest thing he ever did was to marry Midge.I absolutely loved her then and i love her now. She was one of us kids, even as much as going swimming with a bunch of us after Phylis H married that man.
Everything she did with us she made better, and I hope she is in good health and not to forlorn without Louis.She had an ear to listen, and a way of helping you sort out your own thoughts and go back home to your parents. I am not the only one who she helped, and with all this talk about being a Christian these days, Midge walked it in my opinion, and she understood i was rough around the edges and seemingly took no notice.I am sorry i waited this long to tell you, Midge, but Ellen told me about Louis and I teared up for missing you.
Ethel Hall from Cincinnatus, Ellen Stoltz from Camden, and Jackie Jowett from Houston all came into my life when I needed them, heck Ellen stuck around 40 years so far; Ethel only left due to the fact she passed away,and Jackie is my neighbor. I have only known her about 5 years but as a nurse she has been priceless in info, and as a friend she is very forgiving. I wish i could be like anyone of these women, but alas i am more and more like my own mother and myself. Due to them, thats becoming ok as well.
If anyone has her address i would dearly love to send her a card, last i knew she lived in Westdale. Thanks for listening, and God bless.



1 comment:

  1. By what Midge sounds like I'm sure she knew how you felt. I find that most people like her know their impact but don't acknowledge it and that's one of the things that make them who they are.

    On another note, I'm so glad to see that you were able to post the link.

    Keep up the good work, I enjoy your writing. It makes me think :)

    Ann

    ReplyDelete