Monday 18 April 2011

Dialysis woes

Ok--Today is a dialysis day and i am thinking of skipping
I went downstairs to wait at 7 am the usual time at 7:30 i gave up and went upstairs again. I called a patient in Foxbarr who is the first pickup and she was still home.In the old days i would be screaming and refusing to go at this point. The driver is unreliable at best. If you don't like your job please don't take it out on the patients, as this  is not a trip to Braehead for ladies who lunch. Dialysis saves my life, and i still go unwillingly, but i am always on time. It would be rude to the other 2 ladies. In fact I am already downstairs waiting. But one half hour on my feet is still to much for me, and now i am in pain.I was afraid to come upstairs for fear of missing my ride. What if I had waited?It is one hour now since i first went down to meet him.If and when they ever get me then we are on to Renfrew to get another patient, and have to be at the western by 8. It is now 8 am and i am spitting mad.OK thanks for listening i won't always be a raving lunatic.Some days I am worse.
God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you have to deal with someone like that. My friend Geraldine drives for the Health Service here in Ireland and her main job is bringing patients to their dialysis. I wish she could bring you. She's never late and she sits outside the hospital so that when the patients are done they don't have to wait on her then either.
    It's unacceptable that he has you all late getting there, don't others need to use those machines after you and if you're late doesn't that make the whole day late for everyone else that uses the same machine? I know over here people can complain to the Ambulance Dispatch if their driver is constantly late. It's not acceptable that this should happen to you because of one person's attitude.
    I do hope your Dialysis goes well today for you and that your driver shows up sooner than even later.

    ReplyDelete