Sunday 24 July 2011

Still in Skye--hallelujah

Well, as I promised here is the Sunday on Skye nightly report. I just can't believe we are leaving tomorrow. If it weren't for the damn dialysis, I would beg the Longs to rent to us for another day or three. Skye time is slower than the world moves, but that is because i forget we all get the same 24 hours and nothing is gained by rushing them or overbooking them. Jim is off on an adventure, but he has been my almost constant companion this whole holiday, and we are not wired to live in each others shadow. I am tired and want to get a few things packed so that tomorrow i won't feel rushed to leave. Jim is checking out evening cruises, and i don't expect him home for tea. He has a bit of the explorer on him,and I don't want him to ever change that.
We have been privileged to see and do a lot of things many people never see or do or know to dream of. Saturday we had breakfast with a family from Italy, and today we had breakfast with a family from Spain. We went to Dunvegan Castle today as our children live with their mom still on Dunvegan Avenue. It must be a good deal  cause at 18 I was packed and gone. To say i never looked back is an understatement. But that is me, and it was a different time. My parents encouraged us to make our own way in the world, and we just did.
I am too independent and not always to my own benefit, but it is the only way I know how to be.  That is why my knee looks like a puffball now when i fell over a month ago. 
I have been living on seafood; mussels, shrimp,calamari twice(squid), and have managed to avoid pudding altogether, unless you count yesterdays tea and cake for lunch. This was not entirely my fault --this lovely young Czech woman ran a tearoom form her house, but the only food was soup. Jim had something called a choux bun and i had a slice of cake--I even let her pick out  the tea-she went with a full-bodied one and it was lovely and warm.
Well i am sure I am making us both sleepy.I hope your Sunday is as warm and sunny as the one here.Sadly we return tomorrow to the western for the weekly Monday torture, talk to you when i can again.'
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment