Saturday 16 July 2011

life is good

Ignore the loud whirring sound in the background, the better half is cleaning out the fridge freezer. The poor darling is on holiday for two weeks and next weekend we are off to the magical place of Skye. We are taking a long weekend, so we are trying to tick off the chores we need to do before we go. Frankly, I lasted a half hour. I just have no energy anymore. The kitchen needs papering and the ceilings need painting. Those seem like faraway dreams just now as the bulk of it would land on Jim. We shall see. Whilst the rugby is shut down for the summer this seemed like the time to get some harder chores done. Guess what?they are training this very day.
If I were in NY my Mom and brother would pitch in, and although you have to let them do it their way, they get the job done. I have rented all my life, so I have never really had a say in how the walls and floors could look. This place was different. If I were Linnstone I would have been ashamed to rent it in this state. Slowly, painfully we have turned it into our home.The biggest pain was in the wallet, believe me. But mustn't grumble as they say, when so many people sleep rough; when so many people aren't safe in their own homes, when so many people live sad quiet lives of desperation when they have no where else to go. I have a safe home, and a safe man, and plenty to eat and a roof over my head.Thank you God.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment