Wednesday 13 July 2011

Change is gonna do me good

When President Obama was running for office, I was not living in the United States. I had left when Mr Bush was just beginning his stolen election(whatever went wrong in Florida Jeb?) Although i must admit after 9/11 when he had been very briefly in the White House I admired his restraint and eagerness to find out and punish whomever had done this to us. I was fresh off the Ruby Ridge/Waco disasters, and then a war veteran had blown up the Edward R. Murrow building so my confidence was shaken.
I can honestly remember thinking, oh please God don't let it be one of us. I had no clue at the time who them would turn out to be, but i was relieved when the enemy was foreign and not domestic.
If I had been more worldly wise, I would have understood that the Coe and the blown up barracks were all acts of a few misguided Muslims. I can honestly say, even though i understood Islam was a religion, I hadn't a clue what they believed.
Anyway, the Bush fiasco was coming to a close. Along comes a handsome stranger promising us change. I had no clue who he was either, and I didn't know the whole world was about to sink into a bit of fiscal woes due to several greedy banks, and financial institutions.
SO Bush goes to Washington and gets 9/11, and Obama goes to Washington and gets economic collapse. When one gets their hearts desire, it always comes with a terrible price it seems. All their lives they may have dreamed and taken steps to be president one day, and then bang, the floor falls out when change comes for both of them.
Now Mr Obama is running for a second term. God bless him. It is hard enough to be president of 300 million people when they tell the truth, but this garbage about birth certificates and religious ties is just blowing smoke. The real question for the American people seems to be can he do the job? We are still in really tough economic times,(as is the world), and if we do not want Mr Obama at the wheel, who would do a better job? Don't just say anyone, that is just political hyperbole. Seriously consider if you want a whole new regime change in times like these. I am tempted to say better the devil you know. I ma just concerned some republican go in and simply undue all that this White House did, and we are back to square one.
Quietly Hillary Clinton has done a bang up job as Secretary of State, I am not sure what kind of president she would be. I hope we do not become like the military and advance people until they become incompetent and then leave them there. At least a president can only irritate us for 8 years maximum.
Mr Huckabee is a Christian, sure enough, but when was that credentials enough to run a country? Religion is no longer proof of honesty and leadership I am ashamed to say. Now a days it is politically wise to claim religious beliefs, but if it is just lip service, it does not help the country. And where does it say we want our country run by any extremists, religious or otherwise? Glenn Beck simply frightens me, mostly cause i think he means what he says. This next presidential election will be my toughest ever. My first was Ford/Dole vs. Carter/Mondale in 1976. If i had any clue how much the country would change in just 30 years I would have thought i was hallucinating or high or both.
I am not endorsing any candidate yet. I think we need to really listen at debates to see who has a plan, and if it is a good one, would they have enough support in Washington to get it up and running? 
This is just the opinion of a housewife from NY. But my vote counts, and so does yours.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment