Sunday 3 July 2011

Happy 4th of July

It is more than a little ironic that I am trying to celebrate American Independence in the land of our oppressors. It is not a holiday here, and I think they would just like to let the whole thing go by. The weather has been a charm all weekend,and anyone who is anyone has hit the beach, yup any beach we are an island after all.
My son won on a fruity machine,lucky pup. We took a long ride both days and we had the best meal at the Fox and the Hound. They were especially kind to bring my meal downstairs as I had a recent bad fall and stairs are a challenge to me in the best of times. This pub in Houston makes some beers, and we tried one. I had a half pint of something light named after a wolf, and Jim had a dark brooding beer called Warlock.
We went to M&S to pack bags for a charity Saturday, and whilst running around Braehead saw people I hadn't seen in a long time. If I seem scattered in my thoughts today, it is because my other half is watching TV at his usual volume, and it is pretty violent so i am a bit distracted.
SO anyway Happy 4Th to my American friends, and all those who are our friends. I am not sure this is what our forefathers had in mind when they wrote the constitution but they had different challenges, and we deal with things they had no way to predict and legislate. All in all, I love my country fiercely and accept it has a few flaws, as do I. Since I can't give perfection, I can't demand it. I can live with that.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment