Thursday 28 July 2011

Post cards

Yes I admit it, I am that person. I adore post cards. No one sends them anymore, they just post pictures on facebook, and you can draw your own conclusions. Although I love those as well, nothing beats a card in the mail that has nothing to do with a bill.
It gives me hope, and sets me to dreaming of that day when i also can be on white sandy beaches, and i too can walk barefoot again, with my better half and drink long cool drinks wit umbrellas and fruit. In these pictures, no one is unwell, no one has to dialyze, or struggle with cancer, or struggle with their weight, no one smokes.
I know in my heart everything in life is temporary, and I know heaven has no more tears, or sickness or pain or death.
But just for today, as i mail my cards from Skye, I am transported back to 4 days when we didn't fight over my fluid intake, where i ate what i wanted, or didn't eat if i didn't.
Monday Jim is back to work, and everything will return to normal, but just for today, the postman carries my dreams out to my family, friends and myself.
Have a brilliant day.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment