Friday 29 July 2011

Not just a man an institution...

I have heard many men referred to as the mayor of main street, and none of them would want the title.It is hard to imagine Camden without Art Rush. Full stop. Just like I always imagined my Dad in his house on Preston Hill forever, I imagined Art Rush wherever a helping hand was needed. I think if the family doesn't want a gathering in the park we need to respect that. I much prefer the idea of turning our porch lights on from 9-11 pm tomorrow night.
Here is the thing, it won't just be in Camden, we have scattered to the four winds and so, my nine to eleven will be about 4-6 pm NY time. Many are across all the time zones, so it is likely his tribute will go on all day and night, and that is fitting.
We never realize how many lives we touch, and sadly, many of us never say what we wish we could say now. I am enjoying all the stories about Art people are posting. I think Art would like that too. And I totally agree with the thought, if you want to honor Art, try to be like him.
Blessings and RIP Mr Rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment