Tuesday 5 July 2011

Casey

I saw on FB that the verdict must be in on the Anthony case that is rocking our American friends just now. I didn't look at the results yet because I want to post my honest feelings first.All I knew about it was from a People Magazine article I read  about a month ago. It takes magazines awhile to get to Scotland even for People. Everyone I know was talking about it, in real life and on internet, with equal numbers taking both sides of the case.
First of all, there are two absolute facts. Her Mom was not attentive, to say the least. Second of all, only God truly knows what happened to the little one, but wherever she is, she is better off now, and would not have any desire to return to earth.
Like the OJ case, it seems there was a lot of lies and manipulation from the defense and the prosecution(seeing her own Grandpa was a cop, allegedly).
My only question in all this is not "was justice done" because we will never know. My question is, what can be done to prevent this from happening to another little girl. There is a law now that you can drop infants at hospitals, fire-halls, and other safe places and just walk away. Why wait until it is too late to get help? I guess i am naive. I just do not understand children being abused like that. I do understand mental illness, but did no one in the family see the child in trauma? NO doctor or neighbor know of her plight?
This is sad, and because it has happened before itis tragic. How do we stop it happening again, to any child?

No comments:

Post a Comment