Sunday 4 September 2011

What if you gave a war, and no one came?

ok
I didn't really give a war, but after an absence last week i went to church a half hour early, as I had a lot of thinking to do.I like the quiet atmosphere with the light musical practice going on in the background. Also, unlike some people I live with, if I am home i  feel i should be accomplishing something. I even asked JIm to pick up some biscuits (cookies for my american friends) to bring along as no one ever asks me to contribute to  the teas and coffees hour. We even had time to go to a quick McDonald's breakfast and still got there before ten a.m.
Imagine my surprise when no one was there. In fact, the mail had not been picked up either. Another family came, and they also had missed last week, so we determined further waiting as futile. Next we went to the PRFC, because i owe Alison money for a charity run her sons did, and yes you guessed it, we waited around reading the paper but no one appeared.
Whilst reading the Sunday Herald, i saw a review of a place in North Berwick called The Lobster Shack, but I knew it was too late in the day to start out for a place so far away, and besides i didn't know how to eat lobster, actually. To my surprise, Jim went for it and we were off. The weather was perfect, the ride was lovely, and i was so relaxed i slept a bit of the way there and home.
The Lobster Shack is right on the harbor, but it is an inconvenient place to park. I have trouble with broken pavement as you know, but I was helped by a good railing and JIms steadying arm. We both got a half lobster, and it had been grilled and was muy bueno. Jim admittedly figured out how to eat it properly, but it was juicy and sweet and lovely. In addition there was a salad i didn't touch, and french fries i gobbled. Hand cut and tasty, crisp and vinegary (we added that).
On the way home we needed petrol (gas) so we forced ourselves to get an ice cream on a stick. Then on the way i spotted a farm store. We bought the most juicy plums and they were so ripe, can't wait for them later as a treat. Then we went to Dobbies outside Lasswade , Edinburgh and bought a cheese knife with two thicknesses.
JIm got a nasty wasp sting Friday, and I shut my hand in the door of the car, but other than that our anniversary was wonderful. The whole weekend was wonderful, I know because i am exhausted. I will sleep well tonight and probably tomorrow too. I hope your weekend was as nice as mine.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment