Tuesday 20 September 2011

two views on a day

Today is the most special day of the year to me. Today 50 some odd years ago I got a baby brother, and that meant what was about to happen i would not go through alone. Today my whole family will look back on that day and remember things about Bill I will never know and think of all he has done for their life.
Meanwhile at or about 6 pm,Lawrence Brewer scheduled to be executed Wednesday in Huntsville

Read more: http://www.kfdm.com/articles/brewer-44865-byrd-scheduled.html#ixzz1YYKeP3XC
for one of the most vicious crimes i ever heard of, white supremicists tied a man to a long chain and dragged him down a long road until his body tore apart. Literally he was decapitated.

Now bleeding heart people will say thisis because of KKK brainwashing and that culture of hate the south engenders between black and white. Ironically, he has absolutely no remorse for his part, and through beautiful Karma, the man in the White House as he is put down is a Black man who is part white on his mothers side.

If any deserved to end up hating the world itis my brother. We suffered indignities at the hands of those we trusted, and both our parents were a bit nuts for different reasons.My mom was a product of a home filled with abuse as a child, and my Dad landed on his head after a bad fall at work, off a tall scaffolding. When hehad his final stroke the doctors told us "we didnt know about brain trauma back then,"and that explained a lot.
If anyone should have grown up angry and hateful, I would have understood. But my brother went a different direction, and has always worked to unite people and not tear them apart.
My brother has listened to me cry over a failed marriage, a failed kidney and a failed life. He thinks I am wonderful, and may be more than half the reason I never actually killed myself successfully.
My brother is tough,he has had to be. He had to raise our parents,himself and me.For many years he was the only adult in our home growing up. My response to all i saw was to cry. His revenge was to go out and make a good life. Heis a better man than his Father, and a better Father to his sons than he had.
Although many times we had juvenile fights and torments, I love my brother with all my heart. Now as we begin our mid-life, he has Chrohn's disease, and once again he takes all it brings in his stride. What he can't change he adapts to and keeps a great sense of humor about it.
I think my brother may be the closest thing to a real man i have ever known. And he will kill me if he ever reads this, but God knew I could not cope  without him, and my brother loves God with all he is.
The same date means so much to so many different people. September 21 God sent me a new life to treasure on earth, and Sept 21 the government will take a monster out of life.
I am not hear to debate capital punishment.
I am hear to say we choose how we react to life. Bill chose not to hate. This man chose to kill savagely. Funny old world.
Bless you, little brother.Thanks for being my best friend through 50 years and a million other relationships we both had. YOU are my port in the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment