Tuesday 13 September 2011

the Pumpkin Farm

Wow, I got my biggest response ever to yesterdays blog about Cackleberry Castle, so I am not the only one with fond memories of the past Halloweens. Many of the people I made those memories with are no longer in my life. I remember one thanksgiving Barbie and I took Alan, her step-son to the farm, we brought home the worlds greatest pumpkin(according to us), carved it and the left the seeds to the side.
Next thing we knew, Barbies kitty was eating the pumpkin seeds we had pulled out of the pumpkin. Barbie had bought us some fudge and we had cider and donuts. Bliss. Have you ever had cider that you put in the freezer in the fall and brought out to enjoy in the winter by the fire? We used to.
I have a million cousins on both the Reed and Delarm side, and i bet not one of them missed at least one trip there before it was shut down by paperwork and such.
I want to see some pics from the new place, please on my Facebook page. This is short today i need to go to dialysis, but i will be back this afternoon.
Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment