Thursday 8 September 2011

not much to say today

I am trying not to get sick again. What that means is treating the symptoms now, because if my lungs get involved itis weeks of clearing them out. Smokers are my biggest threat once my lungs are compromised, but strangely I don't object to smoking, as I am fairly confident anyone with a brain would stop if they could. I hope my 4 boys never start, but our folks did, and their folks did, so we shall see.


At the hospital this week we had some good news for a change. One baby boy is here (Gramma Jackie), and one is coming next Tuesday. (Rebecca). It is nice to have people to celebrate with as well as to cry with. Anissa is moving to Saudi Arabia, so yesterday she brought in her fellow nurses a cream tea. Cakes, fruited scones and sandwiches all homemade with love. Even with our appetites, it looked superb and i was a little jealous. When i finish this blog i am gonna look at what i have for wool, as even i can knit some form of baby blanket. I give money usually, but when it is a gift for baby i try to include something homemade. It is no coincidence that Billys' and my baby clothes were handed down in the family, as well as carriages and etc. I never got the use of them, but if I had children they were well preserved. A kind of Delarm tradition.
The first one i made was green white and yellow because I didn't know the baby coming was my cousin David, a boy, so I picked safe colors. Now you can know the sex, the birth date and almost the color of their eyes if you want to. I wonder if babies are still so wonderful and mysterious if you know all that. I bet they are. There is nothing in this world i love more than holding babies. The difference now is I have to be sitting down to hold them, as my balance is skewed now, but that is a small price to pay to enjoy them. Some babies look at me like they know deep secrets as they just left God and his heaven, some look angry cause they don't know me, and some look gassy and smiley. Who would not love a baby, especially if when you get tired you can hand it back to mommy.
When Mark and Amy have kids, i will be 8th inline to hold the baby, after the parents, their 4 parents, and big brother Iain, so i don't expect too many fights if i remember the pecking order. I hope the kids want babysitters, as Jim can stop any baby crying in 2.3 seconds.
I can't wait for Mark to be a daddy. He thinks he is grown up now, but most people know you finish growing up with your kids. He has a zoo of animals he cares for now, so I know he has good instincts, and a huge heart. What good times are ahead for our family, starting this month with their engagement party. Life is good.
OK enough of that for today. I hope you have something bright and shiny in your future to look forward to,and if not, feel free to share mine. We have enough Lewis love for everyone.
Y'all come.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment