Saturday 10 September 2011

Just a Perfect Day --all day long

Spent the day with everyone i love. The kids met us at Braehead, and we got me something to wear to the engagement party. Jim also threw in some treats like jewelry and make-up so i can feel sorta pretty. Had a nice nap then Jim came home from winning the rugby, and took me to a party at PRFC.I was kinda dreading it, because none of my friends had confirmed they were coming and I didn't want to be the only girl type person there. Much to my relief, the first person I saw was my Jennifer, and i knew everything would be ok.
Jennifer is someone who always calls me honey, and i like it. She has had a helluva summer, but first thing she always asks, is how are you? and she means it. Jennifer is a really good friend, and I have never heard her speak ill of anyone. I am glad Scott brought her to the club so we could all love her to.
Also my good friend Alison made me laugh so hard it hurt, and I always enjoy time with her.
And what can I say about Maggs? she is my love, and she brought a fellow that will keep me warm for the rest of the night, though I do  sit here alone.Woo haw!
And Nellie had hands down the best t-shirt of the night, though modesty forbids me quoting it. 
Scott and Jennifer, Jim and I made plans to go to Skye as a couples thingy so I am so happy. Just don't tell Jim and Scott yet.
And i saved the best for last. This morning we picked up our new Meriva, in a shade called pepperdust. I love it and we are still playing with it, learning all the toys it has like cruise control. JIm smiled all the way home.
SO although i am not bright enough to attach the lyrics of perfect day, it really was.
And i am thankful.And this of all weekends, I can still count my blessings.
Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment