Thursday 1 September 2011

Jose Feliciano

OK we are on a musical adventure today. I am very unwell so don't ask. Last night i considered asking JIm to take me to the hospital.New topic.
Jose is a classical musician and a genius. This is my favorite song he does on this cd. He did not write it.
There are places I remember
All my life, though some have changed.
Some forever, not for better.
And some have gone, and some remain.

All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can’t recall.
Some are dead and some are living.
In my life I love them all.

But of all these friends and lovers,
There is no one compares with you.
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new.

Though I know I’ll never ever lose affection
For people and things that went before,
I know I’ll often stop and think about them.
In my life I love you more.

Though I know I’ll never ever lose affection
For people and things that went before,
I know I’ll often stop and think of them.
But in my life I loved you more.
I love you more.
I love you more. 



I think you have to be of a certain age to grasp the full beauty of htese sentiments. Music is one of God's greatest gifts, and i think this cd reminded me of how my moods can be so affected by the music i choose, and vice versa. Some songs like the Last thing On MY Mind makes me cry every time. The funny thing is, I am always thinking of someone else.
" I could have loved you better, I didn't mean to be unkind, you know it was the last thing on my mind."


and as my weeds are sadly growing too, I just pray God gives Jim the strength to love me one more day. I haven't had many relationships that i was not left behind in. So I wander back and forth between pretending i don't care if he goes, and begging him not to leave me. Yes i know that sounds psycho. Love makes me crazy because I never get to keep it. It is like i rent it awhile. I have pursued it,  and then watched it sift slowly through my fingers. I guess until i believe I am worth loving, i won't let others that close. OK so we have some work to do on the old self-esteem again. With the anniversary of 9/11 coming, I am a bit frightened where my thoughts are going. Ten years ago I thought I had the world by the butt.Now i have a new country, a new home, a new husband, and a new appreciation for home. I have had to accept that i may never see home again.ON good days i call this home. I mostly try not ot regret anything, as I have seen and done things most people can only dream of. And i am grateful.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment