Sunday 11 September 2011

September 12, 2011

I think I woke up ten pounds lighter this am. I spent the whole day yesterday with my nerves clenched, waiting for some senseless gesture, some unnecessary tragedy in retaliation for Osama Bin Ladin having recently been killed. If something happened, no one told me,a nd so we are on to the next thing.
Our American cousins are sending us the tail end of the mess that flooded NY and the east last week. Thanks pals, anyhoo, this is brief because I am running late for Dialysis today, but just wanted you to know the sun came up again today in this old imperfect world. It isn't as we would wish, but it is the only one we have. I watched a show last night about the crusaders, and how they could identify their jobs in life by their death, and the injuries sustained in dying. It is so fascinating to me how dried old bones can still tell their stories.
What will our graves tell future generations about us? With cremation a lot of stories go missing, and the occasional burial at sea.
My mind goes to weird places on Monday morning.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment