Friday 2 September 2011

Happy Anniversary to my best friend

Hello everyone. It is almost 3 a.m.Jim is happily snoring away after a bad wasp sting in the neck at work today. We had a quiet night tonight so I could watch him for signs of reaction to the sting,but happily there were none.
Today is my wedding anniversary. Yes it is wonderful, we have beaten the statistics so far. We were so alone that day at the registrars, no family at all, and Jim's boss Chris was his best man, and my boss Carole was my maid of honor. My friends from the writers group showed up at kickos for a coffee and cake reception. Everyone I loved in Scotland was there. My new little family, but JIm had only me. 
It has kinda been that way ever since. Those early days forced us to bond quicker than couples who are allowed to date and get to know one another. We had been courting on the internet. We really didn't know a thing about each other, except that we could never be apart again.
We both were looking for love when we met, both so lonely and longing for our other half. I had no idea the twists and turns ahead, but honestly, to be with Jim i would have come anyway. My dearest cousin is a police officer, and she said he might be an axe murderer.
My whole family was so screwed up, and now it seems the three of us have that person we were waiting for. Life still has bumps, but we all have someone to lessen the blows for us, and walk through the dark days together. Jim is a guy and all, so he can't say mushy things, but he is the man i thought i would never find. And then he was mine.I made a dream, and he came true. Us, safe, one.
Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment