Tuesday 13 September 2011

Great News for Central NY

Those of us raised in Central NY, especially Camden, have many fond memories of the pumpkin farm. Previously i blogged about its demise.
Well I am definitely not a prophet, cause after a long respite--itis opening later this month!!!
I would go if i were anywhere in the continental US--but alas i am across a pond these days. If you have never been , please go. It is a place called Cackleberry Castle (they are eggs, get it), and anyone in Camden can give you directions, go to the top of Preston Hill and turn right, then keep going until you get to a place with a million cars.
I always waxed lyrical about the place before, but i want photos on FB from friends and relatives. If such a thing still exists, you must try Millimans fudge. You must see the totem pumpkins, you must buy your seasonal gourds and you must take home a pumpkin to paint or carve. Your kids and grandkids will remember this place forever, i know because i am 53 and still look at it as some of the best times i had in Camden. I remember going there with my Mother and Dad, and of course the little monster.
There used to be animals to pet and a Talking Pumpkin who solved a young persons woes. Oh i am so jealous. However you get there, get there. I am a little enthusiastic, but it was really that good.
I do not know who is in charge now, but it used to be Mr and Mrs Will, and she was a Home Ec teacher in the day. I assume he ran the farm, and their children all pitched in.
Happy Days.
Bless ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment