Thursday 15 September 2011

Just a lazy day

All my life before Scotland, I was always answering to another time table. I grew up being told how and when to think and what looked good on my friends was not for me i.e. Jeans.
All my life I wanted a pair of jeans. All the other girls had them, and my Mom insisted they made me look fat. You know what? She was right, they did make my butt look big in this. But what she didn't say is, everyone looked huge in them, and no one cared. They were in style. Awe Style the magical word that said you belonged. i was a freak that read books, whilst others went to parties and dances and tried to figure out sex in their daddys car. Not me, I was trustworthy because I had no options.
Am I the only rebel here? i am too old to pout, but I am still searching for that perfect fit jeans. I am still looking at things to make me feel whole, and that I belong. There is a group I support on Face Book for people who are bullied because they don't fit what society expects is normal behavior. They are bullied and ridiculed for thoughts as well as actions. It is  just wrong.
I have been blessed to know many autistic people in my real life. Guess what? No two of them are alike. They do not suffer some of them because of not fitting in, because they reject our world already. They have one of their own. Some are affectionate, some will not allow you to touch them. Some have a voice, some can't talk in English, though they make sounds their Moms seem to recognize. Some can live independently and thrive, some need care for every aspect of their lives. Some will marry and ave families, but some will not.
Some you just want to shout "hello in there, I am here" but you know they do not hear you. And each of these people have a family that need prayer. Each of them need understanding and compassion. None need bullying, and it could set some of them back. Sarcasm, and cruelty are not funny, and it does not make you look bigger to pt someone else down.
Sermon over for today. I need to find my old jeans. Don't tell Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment