Monday 26 September 2011

Missionary Sunday= Not and Graham

Well, yesterday was one of the best services in awhile. I was a wee bit late as we finished watching the Scotland game, but things were on Scottish time so I was ok. We had a guest speaker and I do not remember his name, but he built a fire for missions under us all. I remember telling everyone i would be back for evening service, but we had a roast dinner and I did not coordinate the times very well. SO, once again , a wee bit Scottish late.
This time however, wearing my thinnest jacket, the heavens opened. Then I got into church and it was cold, so I was pretty uncomfortable. After a tremendous service I will describe in a bit, we even were offered Thai snacks. All in all, not a bad day.
Now turn with me to your Bible, Acts 10 the story of Cornelius, an Italian Roman centurian." There was a man called Cornelius who lived in Caesarea, captain of the Italian guard stationed there. He was a thoroughly good man. He led everyone in his house to live worshipfully
before God, was always helping people in need,and had the habit of prayer." The Message, a bible paraphrase.
It goes on to say Cornelius had a vision that told him he had favor with God and to send men to Joppato get Peter,(who by no coincidence is having a vision himself).
The next day about noon Peter has a vision on the balcony as he is praying. It was about mealtime and Peter got hungry. In his trance he saw the skies open up, and a sheet was lowered from heaven. Every kind of reptile and and animal and bird you could think of was on it. Then a voice said, "Go to it Peter, kill and eat" Peter was concerned as he had never eaten food that was not kosher. The voice said, "if God says it is clean, it is clean." Finally the sheet was lifted back to heaven. 


Tomorrow we will go over when the men sent from Cornelius arrived, so that this does not become too long and wearisome. My biggest concern is trying to read my own handwriting from notes i took yesterday. This is worth repeating though because even though you may have heard them before, there is new life in the story.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment