Saturday 20 August 2011

Pure Bliss in Paisley

Well, today was about as perfect a day as you can get. We had the Renfrewshire Cup at PRFC. The weather was perfect, the burgers were juicy, the teams played their best and there was actually a nice crowd to play for. 
Before I forget, welcome home Kenny Danfield, Stewart Garvey, and it was nice to have our Scottish rugby league man, Gordon Powrie, there to help us. Lets hope they become regular faces as well. A lot of families with about a dozen young girls under age ten. It may well be that we will need a womans' coach for when these girls are ready to play with their rugby brothers. Until age 12 I believe they can play jointly as there is no tackling at that point. These girls are fit and healthy and I hope the boys are eating their Wheaties.
Don't forget to get your 100 club papers to Jack McKechnie as I think there will be a lot of winners--especially the club. I am so impressed with all the hard graft the fellas of last few years have done. The club is ready to be used as a function suite or team building day. Soon the club will be paying for itself, and then the second level renovations can begin.
As usual Mags, June, Hilary and Alison keep everyone's spirits bright. It is just a fun place to hang out. We are a bit of a family now. And as you know sometimes wee family squabbles erupt, but we are just as likely to go uptown and celebrate a birthday, or an engagement, or commiserate with a much needed divorce. We share everything but here is my player of the day.
My friend Gary Riddell had a half hearted wager from a friend if he could drop kick a conversion. The winnings would be a pint.  I bet that was one tasty pint. Ladies the boys are a bit trimmer and fitter at the start of this season. I myself am happily married, I am just sayin'...lol.
Well done Paisley 1st XV, with your taking first place. 2nd XV was third and some other people attended lol.Great day. Thanks everyone for including me.
Blessings.



No comments:

Post a Comment