Thursday 4 August 2011

i say this every time, never again...

Last night as we needed groceries we went to Morrisons. Because we had a lot of other stops to make we decided to eat, there in the cafe. I changed my mince and tatties to mince and rice. When it came the mince smelled horrible and the rice was sticky and stodgy. I didn't think you could hurt rice. The peas i had ordered were just thrown on top of the mince. For the first time I can remember I sent a meal back. The staff had their own problems, as the cash register was computerized and fighting them. Meanwhile while I was standing there reading the menu, a fancified fart with a blue shirt and tie came by and pointed to a place on the menu that said to go to the check out section to order our food. I rememeber asking Jim if I could do something to the guys finger that need not be mentioned here. He declined. The reason I stood there so long was I could not find one thing i wanted to eat, let alone was craving. So I was stalling, thinking.
One lady we often see working there named Janet saved the day. She offered me the same again or another plate I chose. I declined but after sitting there watching Jim enjoy eggs and chips, settled on a lemon sponge and ice cream. Not very nutritious, but i kept it down. Janet is always smiling and calm, and more than half the reason I go there, cause except for Breakfast, I don't care for the menu. The staff have to explain ridiculous timings and some mains are available and some aren't depending on the clock. I don't know how they cope. Well, that's a lie, I do know. They cope with grace and dignity because in these times, a job is a job. Well done Janet. Nice save. I will be back for breakfast very soon. The rest of the day, well, you know...
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment