Sunday 21 August 2011

dialysis the price i pay

Now as you all know, my treatments and meds and transport are all free on the NHS. The cost I am counting today is a personal one. SAturday I had a ball, but it was sunny and hot so I drank more fluid than I am allowed. I will pay for that today, because it has been three days since my last treatment, and so the fight for how much off in how much time will begin anew.
Believe it or not, different nurses have different policies. There is one nurse most everyone likes because she doesnt treat your arm like a dart board, and she listens when she asks how are you. She is on holiday in Spain just now. When she gets back we have her for two more sessions, then she is moving to Saudi Arabia to work. SHe will still be a renal nurse, but if I were her age again and single what an adventure.
I am so happy for her, but selfishly sad for me. NO more  recipes exchanges, no more comparing notes on our feline friends, and no more of her smiley face in the am next to the gloomy Gus most people are at that hour.
So now we shall see, with our budget I am not sure if they can even interview, and this makes at least the third nurse and I have not been there two full years then. Times are tough all over, but it seems to be Murphy law that the good ones move on...and people like me will never leave. Thanks for listening.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment