Tuesday 16 August 2011

The night Muse

I have found a direct association with how much i sleep and the frequency of my blogs. Sometimes I am just too tired to write. Or when I write I am grumpy, or sleepy, or dopey or doc...wait I drifted off again, where were we?
Yesterday one of the ministers from Hope hall came to discuss my wishing to know more of the church's core beliefs, with a view to possibly joining. The reason I say one of the ministers is kinda ironic because I feel every one who worships there regularly is a minister. Does that make sense? Also I never hear "we don't do that here!" I here wow you will have to tell us more of how that could be done. 
I also like the orderly worship whilst a few toddlers may make their escape from the pew and try to go see what the other half of the room is doing. No one flips, Moms are smiled at, and life goes on because we all remember when our kids were that age. The tweenies seem to be helpful with the younger ones(like they are old pros and know the ropes). The older teens don't mind occasionally being used for dramatics and the worship team seems to vary with several ages, but that could be just the summer schedule.
The above my age group are kind and always have time to discuss anything that may be unclear and the prayer team is so dedicated you can feel the Holy Spirit was made welcome before the service.
All this being said, no i do not wear rose glasses. There is a flaw in the church. A bright shiny one. It is me. I expect more than i can deliver. I can't even work out perfect attendance. That seems like job one. Just get to the church, as the season is not a cold or damp one. When the bad weather comes, I will try not to find more reasons not to attend. I think if each of us brings the Lord our best offering of ourselves, Paisley won't stand a chance. They will be loved right into the many houses of God in our community. We just have to stop being ashamed of our spiritual nature. It is as big a part of us as our intellect and our freckly good looks. It is just part of who we are. It is our true self not disjointed by what others might think of us at the sports stadium, our homes and our worship centres. It is being consistently ourselves every where we go. When we integrate ourselves, the world can see whole people working through what life throws at them. I think that is also the great commission. A personal one.
As you leave any worship place there should be a big sign on the parking lot saying, you are not entering the mission field. I truly believe that.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment