Friday 19 August 2011

The landslide will bring it down...

Fleewtwood Mac and the Dixie Chicks recorded this song and I am unsure which version i prefer.
The Landslide

I took my love and I took it down
Climbed a mountain and turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Till the landslide brought it down
Oh, mirror in the sky - What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changin' ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
I don't know, I don't know
Well, I've been afraid of changin'Because I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder, even children get older
And I'm getting older, too
So, take my love, take it down
Climb a mountain and turn around
And if you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well, the landslide will bring it down
The landslide will bring it down 
It is impossible for me to read these words without my mind adding the music that goes with it. This artist, Stevie Nicks was introduced to me by my
cousin Barbie, and the song Leather and Lace always reminded my of her.
Isn't it funny how music can take you back to the moment it wants you to remember? When my Dad died, I felt old at 35 ish.`Now I am older and my children are too. They do not see all the cycles of life yet, but they have seen a lot of death and hurt around  them. Although they feel grown up, I remember thinking that too.I went away to college thinking I had the world by the butt. I was never going back to those people again.I would show them.
It pains me to think what i would give to have the four of us at our kitchen table fighting over something stupid, or them telling us how simple and stupid we were.
But the landslide brought it down.
Blessings.



























No comments:

Post a Comment