Thursday 5 May 2011

Tinkerbell

Ok--
I have a fairly new friend I call Tinkerbell. I was in a chat room I frequent and she told me she was going to kill herself. She had been on the phone talking to a mutual friend, and she was serious. Tink is one of the chirpiest people I know. She talks and prays with me all the time and I always feel better for talking to her. However, she has a chemical imbalance in her brain that can suddenly lunge her into a deep depression. 
Also, I am not a therapist of any kind. What do you say? Of course you start with the obvious, go to a Dr. You tell you are praying for her, and you really do want her to live. The simple truth is, I don't want her to kill herself for more than the obvious, "well you will go to hell" Although that might make sense later, it is not helpful when she wants to die. I want her to live for a selfish reason. I need her. I love her and her company makes a difference n my long lonely days. Is that awful? maybe, but it is honest. I used to tell myself she didn't really want to die, but see she is not thinking rationally when the chemicals are out of whack, so I don't know if she is capable, but I KNOW she is serious. I treat her very seriously, and i am not ashamed to beg her for her life.
I am not sure that is enough of a reason for her to stay, but at  least now I will not have the regret of not telling her I loved her. It really is out of my hands now. I have to live with that.
I wanna say this again...
 SUICIDE is a  PERMANENT SOLUTION to a TEMPORARY PROBLEM.
Pray for Tinkerbell, God knows who she is, and spare a word for us all.
God Bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment