Sunday 8 May 2011

Site down for repairs

Ok--
SO much for my resolve to write a blog daily. I have been sick as a dog since Friday. It started with King Prawn Chow Mein and ended up with the inability to raise my head off my pillow for more than time to eat and take meds.
I have to go out today because it is dialysis day and the site has nurses assigned to it. I don't think it was food poisoning, but maybe the food was too rich or the quantity was too much for me.
The thing I am most disappointed in was I missed  church.It is a new place to me, and I am still trying to get to know them. Yes, of course it is only a building and you can worship anywhere, but I tend to go maverick kamikaze when not accountable to anyone.Yes even now.Fifty-three years old and still a rebel.
Whilst I was out of commission i started to follow my good friend Dwayne's commentary on a picture of his mama he posted for Mother's Day. Looking back it seems I have always had friends who  were Pastors. When I met Dwayne I had no idea he would be a Pastor, but there you go. God uses the willing. 
If I wasn't afraid of losing their friendship I would tell you some of the adventures they have had in the last year. God says he never gives us more than we can stand, but Durand's must be particularly strong as their house is a sanctuary that an in-law tried to burn down.
I jokingly said I want to play Dwayne in the movie, but I am too short, and not just physically. I don't have that big and bold spirit or trust in God that all will be well. I look for trouble when things are going well. Once when they lived on Preston Hill my at the time forever love called to dump me. I remember saying "Dave I have no more weapons to use." Dwayne with his typical good humor handed me a weapon. If i can laugh , I can breathe. 
Sue walked me through a bit of my Dad's insanity when i used her kitchen for two whole days cooking for Dad's surprise 50th birthday party. Mom told me not to, so did Billy, but i knew if i did this right Dad would finally see I was worth the attention I craved from him. That day I felt I had better tell him as people would be arriving. He went mental. He made me call everyone and cancel. I had enough chili and food for a year. Sue kept me from eating it all and shooting myself. It was finally clear. Dad just didn't want anything but Mom. Case closed. Thank God for Sue and Dwayne and I don't think I am the only one who God sent them in their marriage. Their home is a refuge.WWJD is practiced there as a regular way of life. I miss them every day.
SO for Mother's Day i have blogged about a man. Typical me. I really didn't want to go near the Mother topic. I am unwell. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
Hope Mother's Day was everything you hoped for. Blessings to you single Moms, and special blessings to those who wanted to be Mommys with all their heart and were unable. My grandma gave me this piece of advice and she had nine children,"if you don't have them to laugh with, you son't have them to cry with!"You are right, it doesn't help.her daughter said "I had two kids and that was two too many". I hate Mothers Day on so many levels, and i admit it is just plain jealousy.
God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment