Friday 20 May 2011

Philosophical

Ok--
Good word, eh? I have decided to give up finding the article I lost yesterday, (translated even Jim tried and it is gone).SO perhaps it wasnae meant to be.
For most of this post I am not calling anyone good or bad, nor am I taking sides. I don't care if you are Jewish or Palestinian. I don't care if you are Protestant or Roman Catholic. I don't care if you like Celtic or Rangers.(go Tottenham Hot Spurs) Someone has to stop first, hate, violence and ignorance only breed more of the same. You cannot all be on God's side. Even if you are, don't you want your children to be free of the hate that this world subjected you to? We are not animals and we must not act like them. We are not killing to eat, we are not killing to clothe our family, we are killing some of God's creatures, and they in turn will feel a need to kill us and so on it goes forever ad nauseum.
Israel has a right to exist, deal with it. Palestinians also deserve a home land. Muslims need to take this opportunity in the death of OBL to show what true Muslims believe, and how extremeists are the minority.I grew up in terror of Russians, I met a Russian man as an adult whose daddy had told him Americans eat their children. The internet has made earth an even smaller world, and we need to take a chance so that our kids will be around to enjoy it.
The idyll fairy land I grew up in is gone. Time to put away childish things, and we need to tell the truth, let the chips fall where they may, so that we can begin not "a new world order" but the world as it should be. It is a disgrace how many have to sleep "rough" and claw for enough food to eat. The food is there. We need the will to share it at a fair price.
We may have to give up some rights, we may have to change some ancient borders, we may have to acknowledge that many religions venerate Jerusalem and let it be. My kids may have kids one day, I want their choices to be where to live and what to do for work. I don't want either of my sons sent to fight a war that is unstoppable. I don't want them to have danced on earth 20-some years and get mowed down in their sleep.
There are some people who may deserve to die, OBL was one, Robert Mugabe may be another, Chavez and Castro and the list goes on. These are not for defending their beliefs, they killed because they could. They exterminated people like flies or rats, rather than deal with them. This is not the sectarianism i hate these are just truly evil men. Look at a new born baby and you see the future something of something and you dream big for your kids.Mrs Mugabe did. I do not know what happened as he grew, but no one is born that evil. When hate has no checks and balances, a new Hitler is formed. A new Chavez, and new Hussein.
There is right now enough food , water and medicine to eradicate poverty in our lifetime. As the song goes, forget about the price tag.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I/.m not the only one,I hope one day you'll join us, and the world will live as one."
The man who sang those words was gunned down like a dog in the streets. Hmmm...
God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment