Monday 2 May 2011

Good-bye Bin Ladin

Ok--
if I were 100% honest, I would admit i thought Osama was dead already. There, I said it. You will have to forgive what seems like blood lust to some, but i will not lose one minutes sleep over this assassination. I would still be a housewife in NY if that man had been any kind of humanitarian, but alas, he was pond scum, and funded stagnant pools of hate over a religion i didn't understand in 2001. I have many Muslim friends in Scotland and I observe them to be exactly like me except they are not Christian , nor do they wish to be.
I can live with that, frankly it is none of my business who they love, worship or read about as long as they don't interfere with my beliefs. I also would feel no need to try to convert them to my faith. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind the Bible says.
Anyway, Osama was not a good Muslim, he was a war criminal on a scale of Bush and Blair. Some idiots on FB are already starting conspiracy theories, and I know it is hard to believe he is dead. No country wanted the body, because they want no pa/rt of the retaliation America may have coming. So be it
Perhaps these events will convince the majority of law-abiding Muslim citizens to side with those who oppose Taliban and al-Qaeda, not because they hate Muslims, but because terrorism must be minimalized or no one is safe, anywhere.
Just because 10 years have passed, this is no less painful than the Lockerbie bombing that horrible Christmas. That attack on Lockerbie was just as much as surprise to them as 9/11 was to most Americans, just 9/11 was on a much larger scale. If you are not American , you may not understand our unabashed relief at todays news.
Tomorrow I will join you in contemplating our imminent demise, but today I will rejoice. I will add a hallelujah.
Some times the good guys win.
God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment