Thursday 16 August 2012

Michele Delarm Farmer

My cousin Michele is my hero.Her birthday is this weekend, and if you live or visit in Florida you may have met her. She is in law enforcement, and at first glance you would not think sheis in the right profession. She is a slip of a woman, but do not let that deceive you. She is a professional, trained to be your best friend or your worst nightmare.

Because of his job, Michele's Dad traveled all over with the WT Grants store. From an early age Michele had to learn to make new friends in some very different places. Eventually Grants folded and they came to settle in our home town of Camden,NY.  It was hard for her because she was not like the locals, by this time I can't even tell you how many times she had moved. I think what got her through was a knowing she would not end up in Camden, and when she was old enough, off she went.

Michele gave me the courage when it was my turn to fly. I was no hero, I was 45, but at last I knew it was right to go for my dream, as no one was gonna get it for me. Michele gives and gives, but she doesn't ask for anything. Everything she has, and she has done very well, she got by herself. She had no strong female role models, but refused to accept the terms the other women in her family had. She made her own way in life until, like me, later in life she found the man she always should have known.

His name is Brian.He loves her and she loves him. They both came with children, but even that family blends well. They work hard and they play hard, and they have each others back. I do not know what to wish  for Michele for her birthday, as she is pretty self-sufficient, but there is one thing she cannot do fro herself. Brian had surgery this week for some type of cancer. Now Michele is already a survivor, but i know she will be scared. I also know for Brian's sake she will be a good soldier. They deserve a million years together so I am asking all of you for prayers for this lovely wee family. I am asking for healing, totally for Brian as well.

If you knew me in real life and not just my blog, you would know i have a bajillion cousins. Come on family, this is the time to rally, and we have beaten cancer before in many of our cousins so far. I would not ask, but I know some things only prayer will help. I trust God and I trust you. I have no fear at all, perfect love casts it out I hear.

I love Michele and I hope this is the beginning of many more happy years with her husband and best friend. Happy Birthday Michele, you must be very strong for all God lets you do.
Blessings tonight to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment