Tuesday 21 August 2012

A look at Rosemary

Today I fried a couple taters from our Sunday meal in rape seed oil. I didn't turn them over, I left them on their sides. then i added two small eggs and sliced a piece of bread from the Polish Bloomer loaf we bought Sunday. As i debated mentally whether to add ham and/or cheese to my eggs I got a weird thought. I pulled some dried (on the stalks) rosemary from the stems and added them to the pan.

I fried them altogether and added catsup to my plate. A real feast of new flavor. Fresh ground pepper completed the meal and a mix of half fresh orange and half fresh water. The crunch of the tasted bread with the real butter, the crisp taste of the catsup on the taters, and i will be full now till JIm gets home.

I would be a much better cook, but I cannot ever think of simple things like this that make the flavors rearrange in a new way. I think in my life I may have eaten a million eggs in a lot of ways, but today a sprig or two of rosemary and that is enough creativity for today.

Now i can go do the million mundane things my life has become, and dream of my next use of rosemary...
blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment