Tuesday 7 August 2012

DUSTING OFF OLD FRIENDS...

Today I got a chance through Facebook to speak to a friend that I met in Camden.He will probably end up one of the 5 most influential people i ever met. Thankfully, he was a force for good, unlike some others on the same list. We chatted a bit about the old days, but what is exciting in both our lives is what God is doing now. God is always in the now. He is also in the future, but he concentrates on where we are, knowing we can't be in the future with him.
I got to share briefly what my ministry is now, and I got to tell him why my blog means so much to me. I do not think you realize how much of myself i put out there in an attempt to be open and honest about my faith walk. See, i fall down a lot in my spirit as well as on my legs. Even my mood dips at times and Jim has to remind me of what I say on the mountain tops, because the valley days can shake me.
I find it more than a little ironic that JIm is the person who draws me back to my truest self, being he is not a believer himself. He is my best friend and he really cares about me. I am blessed, and if he were not my spouse he would surely be my good friend. Kinda like Jennifer and Andy, two friends who i can say anything to. They just love me, and i rely on that. They may at times need to kick my butt, but they won't let you do it. Jennifer is the sister i never had. Andy is the brother i never wanted. Lol jk.
I am not a mushy person, and i rarely hug Jim. So i use my words to convey what i cannot say to your face, and the sad thing is, it is all good, mostly, I am just a coward. Pray for my friends all of them, they are a great bunch. Lift them up as we all get tired some days.
OK enough for today,tomorrow i will chat about the great Polish Deli/Market we found in Glasgow on a car ride Sunday. Woo hoo, cannae wait.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment