Monday 27 June 2011

Paltalk

there is an online chat forum  have used for over ten years. It is how i met my current husband. Yes I am one of THOSE people. It is how i made and lost many good friends. I think it has a little to do with my divorce.Many people hate pal and have deleted it from their computers altogether. Some use it as a means of meeting people as they travel, or dating strangers whom you know as well as you can by just talking.
The strange thing is, you get to know some people so well,it is like they are family. I have sent Christmas cards and condolences as well as seen the latest school pictures as a file share. People who would not talk to anyone they know, have in moments of stress confided in me like a shrink, as have I.
I am all alone in a strange country just now, the people aren't strange, but these are not my customs and habits. It is weird to hear America referred to as over there. I have been here almost ten years, and although people are kind and loving, i have no roots or ties to my community outside of a small rugby club,Hope Hall church, and the fourteen people i dialyze with just now.
Within that realm is a huge diversity of people, ideas and desires.Believe me. It is truly a small world. If you had told me 30 years ago i would ever leave Camden NY i would have laughed. If you had told me twenty years ago I would ever be divorced I would have panicked. I thought there was no life beyond what I had at that time.If you had told me ten years ago i would sell everything, buy a passport and marry a fellow i met online I would have thought you were crazy. All of these things have come true, and life is not finished with me yet. I cannot even see ten years down the road from here. Who will my sons be with and marry? Will i ever be a grandma? 
"Oblah dee oblah daa life goes on--ahh la la how the life goes on."
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment