Monday 20 June 2011

Dog day

I visit a religious site on FB and today i had to chuckle. On the post a friend said,"they don't know it, but my dogs are about to get a bath". She went on to say one of them was in the van and smelled like they had rolled in something dead.
Now the dogs are not offended by their smell, they are not hopping in the shower and looking for towels. They are content. My friend could leave her dogs that way. It would be easier. But for their own good she is gonna make them unhappy. It won't harm them, even if they howl, and it will make them easier to be around. She doesn;t love them less when they are dirty, but what they have done has made them stinking. On their own they cannot fix this, nor are they even aware they are causing a commotion in the car.
OK,isn't that just like God?
We go along in life, happy as clams,thinking all is well, and then he sends correction. He bathes us, and oils our skin, he cares for us as tenderly as a Shepherd does his flock, and we mutter. We moan. O please don't bother me, i am on the computer. Can't we talk later? C'mon God you aren't going anywhere. I want to run with the other dogs. I want to finish this meal i am cooking. My neighbor is a real heathen go bother him.
I like this smell. I am used to it. I didn't kill anyone. NO No No i do not want to get clean. Poor God--we want to change, but n our timetable and only the things we are ready to deal with.
And sometimes he just can't stand the stench. Loves us, hates the sin.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment