Tuesday 7 June 2011

God danced the day you were born.

Ok--
We are back and in the flow again. I have not posted since last Thursday, but I have been going out into life again. Saturday my men at PRFC had a dads v lads game and it was so much fun, unless you were the Whitecraigs coach that came home on two crutches.
Les and Linda made a lovely BBQ, and just made the post-game time special. His lads are headed to Portugal, and they earned the money to go. They seem like such a nice bunch of fellows and I hope they wear and need to wear lots of sunscreen.
I also got to meet the new bar staff. Jeannette is still there, but in addition We have Mags and her sister Joan. Not only are they hard working volunteers, but they breathe life and vitality into a stale environment. She is the soul of fun and a bit of freedom that has been severely lacking in those who tried before and were pushed aside by the old regime. The bar is clean and spotless, and the fellas love her as much as we do. I wish paid staff could be so much fun. I think there is great potential there and I am excited to see what Mags will plan for the coming weeks.
Sunday I went to church am and pm--which i never do. I just love this new church. I learned about Southern Thailand and Malaysia, and the difficulties when one neighbor is devout Buddhist, and the other is strict Muslim. I do not know how God will open doors in this area for Christianity, but i applaud those who will try. It was almost as if i were there,the couple made it so real for me. God bless them as they start out.
The minister is starting to teach us about generational    thinking, something that was lacking in my previous church experience, and now i better understand why people perish for lack of vision. Rome wasn't built in a day, and cathedrals can take generations. But they have to start somewhere, and so sometimes we begin a matter and sometimes we follow through on another's work,and occasionally we get to be in on the conclusion, but whether or not we see it through, we do our part for our generation.
Monday was dialysis day so i slept the afternoon away, and so today after a few chores I am all yours. Thanks for coming back after I have been so quiet so long. I didn't want to just blog, I want to say something. I hope it starts conversations, I do not want just people to agree with me.
Jim is coming home to a real dinner tonight, and that has been awhile. SO I am happy, and I don't mind my gravy is lumpy, i have a sieve. Why am I stressing oout and making a roast? Because even though Jim is dead tired on his feet from when he was sick last week, when i got up this morning, he had emptied the dishwasher, brought the clothes out for me to hang, emptied the garbage and wrote the directions down for the place i was supposed to go to today. Oh and he is a bit of a looker too. I am blessed, and I am sorry i forgot for a time.
Blessings.







No comments:

Post a Comment