Thursday 3 May 2012

a weird experiment.

Hello everyone. I have been feeling quite unwell and have no ambition to do anything but veg. This leaves my mind too much time to think, and here is what happened.
I changed my profile pic to Coretta Scott King, a woman i admire for having to guide her family after the assassination of her husband, Martin.
Then I changed it to Maya Angelou, the woman writer i respect more than any other. I felt these pics would speak for themselves, or people could ask me who they were, and thus open a dialogue.
Whilst playing an innocent game of computer Uno, I was quite startled when after i won a game another player called me a fat pig. I laughed at him, and then he called me a fat monkey. As an american i did not get the reference at first. Here in the UK when black footie players were first drafted, racist names were hurled and bananas thrown onto the pitch. Someone was referring indirectly to Maya as a monkey. And she was never near the game as far as i know.
This is May 2012, and we are no less ignorant than our parents and friends who tell little off-colour jokes and innuendos.
As soon as JIm comes home, I will change my pic with his help, maybe i can find a banana?
I am disgusted.
Blessings anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment