Tuesday 28 February 2012

Papa Carl Thomas

Sometimes in life, when I am far away from my family, I make a family of my own.  Just actually 5 minutes ago i heard Papa Carl had died. In a few hours after dialysis, I have to post something to Sandy, and knowing Royal Mail, it won't get there until middle to late last next week. I have spent hours on Pal-talk learning at his knee, listening to his music, and fighting tooth and nail with him. I do not know anything really about his real life, but this is what i know from Pal-talk.
Papa Carl was a Texan.He was also a Christian man. He was married through thick and thin to Sandy, and he adored her. He was a Pa, and a Grand-Pa. He loved his dogs, guns and horses, but not always in that order. He sang when I first met him, and he still tried when the spirit moved him.
Our last convo was when I decided I could no longer handle that snake Milesdean, and Papa talked to Jim and I over an hour trying to keep me from leaving Pal and my friends. The very last thing he said to us was that he loved Jim and fully expects him to come to know the Lord one day.
I have never clapped eyes on him in my life, but I see his profile pic and I can just see him saying, "excuse my French", when he said something to make me laugh.
I love you Papa Carl. See you soon.











No comments:

Post a Comment