Thursday 23 February 2012

Jean Chamberlain Brazie Spivey

It is the birthday today of the aforementioned woman, whom I have known most of my life, but more so after she married my cousin Billy.Her home was so welcoming and we had so many laughs and good times, and as her two wee girls were born, I just couldn't think life could get better. I was so caught up in my own pending divorce, that I missed some signs that now seem obvious to me. Although two people can be fine people, they may not be fit as spouses. Now she is married to a man I do not know, and lives in Texas which might as well be the moon away from me.
However, often something she shares or something I share brings the memories flooding in for both of us. We are no longer related, but I love Jean like a sister still. She makes me laugh, makes me think, and makes me glad to be alive. She is younger than I am, but she is street smart and savvy. If they could let her, she could save her daughters a lot of the heartaches we had in life, but we all have to make our own mistakes. It was true for her and I as well. 
Ask her about her wood stove kielbasa recipe for starters-yum.
She is a grandma,(ha-ha) but truly i am a wee bit jealous as I am not a Mom.I wish in this last half of her life, with her kids grown and gone, she can go get all she has only dared dream about before, as she deserves bliss as well. She has gone without a lot of times so others could have their dreams, now it is your turn angel girl, I can't wait to see what that will bring. I love you, Brenda Bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment