Tuesday 14 February 2012

Ole Peoples Valentine

Hello my blogging friends.Hope your Tuesday is going well. I am about to hop in the shower and beautify myself for the old man. It will take much longer than our first Valentine's in 2003. I will not get the same amazing results. My disease has taken a toll on my fave and gravity is not my friend.
Instead I will put on a bit of war paint, and hope the meal impresses him. I cut veg a long time today, garlic, red onions, beans and a big roast pork shoulder to slow cook. After the shower I will need to peel a few taters. Then i will call him to get a nice wine or a yummy dessert on his travels home.
Every ten years of my life Valentines has been so different. The full meal means one or both of us will be sleeping on the couch to rest for bedtime. Sigh. 
Ok wish me luck finding the outfit i look least fat in. And God help me with this rats nest hair.My three S's have now become Sit, Shower, and shave, but that is the price we pay for being this age.
Unlike so many of my friends of both sexes, I have someone here who loves me. Not far away on an internet chat room, but right here right now. Also, unlike a lot of men, he works and makes a home for us so that we can be together. We had a slogan i cherish though we don't use it as much as before, Us. Safe. One.
We both paid a terrible price to be together and to say no to bad lifestyles that were unsatisfying and lonely. The kids make sure we are poor, but we are rich in their love so that's not the worst trade-off I have made. The kicker is now their mother and I are pretty good friends. Think about that for a moment.
So i have deep friendships with some people i dialyze with, and the great friends i have met through the internet. And Hope Hall is my newest love.
So all in all, I have a lot of love, from a lot of sources, and  I am one lucky puppy.


Oh, and of course Molly doesn't want to be overlooked.
So to Molly, Justin, Jacob and Iain and Mark, thanks.For the first two i am God mother, for the second two i am step-Mom, but either way I am a Mom.
My favorite title is wife, though and with that I will close.
God bless.













No comments:

Post a Comment