Thursday 16 February 2012

Exiting Pal-talk Part One

Thursday I need to hoover and iron Jim a work shirt, but then I am gonna l try to rest if I can't sleep. My mind is racing, and my body keeps trying to pass me out into oblivion here in my chair, but when i go to the bedroom I am wide awake. A bit of it is Jims snoring, a bit of it is excess pain, but for the most part my mind won't stop.
Let me bring you up to date. A few weeks ago I heard a Bible talk on thankfulness by someone i will just call Bishop Keith. You should know that Bishop Keith and Toodleloo are nicknames we use in a chat room, on a site called Pal-talk. On that site there is a room called "Maple's Come Let Us Reason Together!", and reason is a word i think is ill-advised.
I think it is a resting place for people with neuroses and psychoses and some just plain weirdos. I personally went in there a lot when i was unwell, as it is good company. As time went on it became less good company and more of a kind of internet addiction.
Yes, my name is Brenda, and I have a problem. Just  like I thought I could love my first husband into the "mold" I hoped he was trying to achieve, so too did I think if I shared Gods words of encouragement, those people would be real friends and we could chat daily as it gets pretty lonesome around here. The room owner Miles is a little Napoleon. I imagine him as a wee man cast off from his real family and forced to live in exile in Tasmania, (a gathering place for devils of all kinds). He makes these outrageous rules for his admins in the room, and when they finally succumb he changes them again.
He runs his room like Camden School District, no support for teachers or staff, and I am proud to say i never was anadmin in that room. I don't know how  a real Christian could do it, but when he is not around he has one of the best rooms on Pal-talk. John, a fellow who goes by JP Mills, tried to start a teaching ministry in another room owned by the same people. We will see if he is allowed to use his gifts, or if something else will go by the wayside. Anyhow I told Jim to uninstall the program from our new computer.That is part two for tomorrow as I need a nap now . Stay tuned.
God bless.















No comments:

Post a Comment