Tuesday 18 September 2012

this marks my 9000th post read.

I live in a land that after the Dunblane tragedy, the people decided to voluntarily give up most of their guns. This was poignantly brought home today when two policewoman, responding to a domestic burglary report were assassinated and then a grenade was thrown at them. After a while the fellow turned himself in, and come to find out was wanted already for some previous murders allegedly. He was at least a person of interest in previous grenade toting crimes.

Now do i think America is foolish for all their gun toting weirdos> You bet I do. But tonight I wonder about a land where police can be killed with no thought of capital punishment. At the very least, I think guns are appropriate for domestic calls, because the fellow today lured the cops to where he was with a false report of a crime. This shows a level of premeditation, and so the eternal dilemma begins. DO I really believe in fewer guns out there? and what if me or mine are assaulted with gun crime?

IN my home nation, i think there are tougher penalties for killing a police dog than the man who killed these women will get. I am honest enough to say no sentence will bring the women back, but you can't only have gun control when it suits you. You either have iit, and live with the repercussions, o we become another America, where their children are mowed down like grass in school and playgrounds. Having said all this, no gun the carried would have stopped a grenade lobbed at them, either. We mourn with the Police force tonight and support the many who risk their lives so I can be safe within my home. I pray there is a hell tonight, so that Karma can do what our legal system cannot.

Blessings, especially to the families left behind in this tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment