Sunday 6 November 2011

A week away from the blog

First of all, I apologize for not writing anything for a week. I had an infection that took root all over from the knee injury early spring. I am now on Amoxicillin, 500mg three times a day.I am sucking down Benylin Mucous cough like water, and I finally get to see an ortho on Tuesday. To add insult to injury, when we arrived home last evening from the fireworks i nearly tripped over the curb, only the grace of God and my husbands strong grip kept me from going down face first again. It was funny, because at one point i realized there was nothing i could do to stop it, and just then, JIm saved the day.
I choose to believe it was his great love of me, and not that i was carrying the bottle of Absolut Vodka we had won from the raffle at the rugby club. I leave the conclusions to yourselves, just know we have a bad history with bottles of Vodka.
Everyone I love practically was at the fireworks. Even Amy made it, and i was glad, because once you see her, you see she is gonna be ok. She is one of the strongest women i know, and i know a bunch. My friend Sue is the same. She and I  were across the street neighbors during the worst period of my life, and now we are grown and old enough to be grandparents, we can look back on Gods faithfulness then to see better days are coming now.
Although we are related by marriage, another woman of strength is my friend Jean. She grew up in a huge family and has her head on straight and her priorities are positive. Everyone loves her, even those who are cousins by choice, if not by law.
Finally, my best friend from 45 years ago, Ellen. Life has thrown everything at her, and she still wants to be a minister when she grows up. She worked through things that would have put me in jail of a mental home, but she has a strong abiding faith. She has enough faith for both of us, and many times we needed it. We almost never speak anymore, but i know she loves me and the Christmas card is coming.
She is a grandma now and still working, but when we are retired i hope to bring her here to live half the year. We shall see, she may travel the world for awhile, she is that bold and brave.
Hope to speak to you all again soon.
Blessings.









No comments:

Post a Comment