Sunday 30 October 2011

30 October, 2011

Ok, I am back from the valley of the shadow of death. Outdoors it is sunny and bright. I almost expect the birds to break forth into song and the lion to lie down with the lamb. No I am not drugged, but that would have been a good guess most of the week. Today, at last, I am actually joining Hope Hall in Paisley. I am not sick, I did not oversleep, and I took into account the time change for the clocks.
I am so happy. I was always proud of Jesus and all he has done for me, but this is his people inviting me to join. I am part of the family so to speak. The people of the rugby club love me and are more than kind, but something in me needs to go to church. I really do get something out of it, even the weeks when I am wishing it wasn't Sunday. Sometimes it is a chore to go because of staying up or out too late the night before.
I am not the only new person, our little church is alive and growing. Also, I am not the most unwell, I am just one of the gang. We worship together, and we learn from each other, and then we get coffee, tea and biscuits!
Is this a perfect group?no, or I would not fit in, it is perfect for me and I have a few ideas where I can be of some use to them. The point is, I can aspire to be more than the tea and coffee lady. I do not have to be alone now unless i want to be.
So if you are free this am at 10:30 please stop by and join us for our celebration. I don't have family here so I will make you welcome.
This IS  the day the Lord has made, we shall rejoice and be glad in it.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment