Tuesday 22 November 2011

A real Miracle for Thanksgiving

For those of you who haven't read Sundays blog, my friend Hilary was facing brain surgery Monday. They needed to know if the tumor was benign or malignant. I asked everyone i know I know all over the world via the internet chat room, PALTALK. Yes the very one i gripe about every day. In addition, Hilary, Seve and the kids had many many work friends and rugby reals and just friends rooting for them.
I myself asked God to help them through whatever lay ahead. Oh Brenda of such little faith. Hilary was operated on in southern general hospital,  and it is neither benign nor malignant. What Hilary has is a brain abscess. We are walking on air in Paisley. A few weeks of antibiotics, and she will be hole again. I could just dance , if only I could dance.
I did not dare to hope for so good an outcome, so I thank God he is better than I am. He just touched her little head and made things better. She will soon be home with her little family again. Of course it goes without saying we must have a party. For all of you who prayed, or send positive thoughts, or just thought of Hilary fondly, we thank you. How ironic Thursday is Thanksgiving Day. I know what i am thankful for. How about you?
If i hug you wheni see you, don't be frightened. I am only sorry i didn't do this before Hilary was ill. But I won't miss the chance again, and i am gonna be mushy till after Christmas.
Please be mushy too--risk telling those who( you assume) know exactly how you feel, and be thankful. My Dad managed to die never once saying I love you. Please Dads and Moms don't be like him.Let's start learning from others mistakes, not just repeating them.
And Gordon i forgive you, whatever your post meant.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment