Wednesday 9 November 2011

RAH the saga goes on

Ok I know you are all as sick to death of my knee by now as I am. Earlier this summer, on a bright sunny day, I fell at the PR Football Club and starting my marathon of pain.The latest adventure is a trip to RAH to see an ortho consultant. Neither of us is from Scotland so we had the battle of the accents, but one language he excels at is pain. He got more range of motion from my knee than i had in months. No I did not cuss, punch or cry but I did pray for it to stop.
When he was finished with his exam, the verdict was the x-ray and manual exam did not tell him enough, so he asked me if I would do an MRI. I said "sure" with my biggest smile, while inside my head was screaming, "NO NONONONONO,well ok."
MRI combines two things I am not good at, one is confinement and the other is sitting still. The doctor would have been surprised if he knew what it took to make me go to the exam at all. Imagine how relieved I was when i found out the exam would take two weeks to schedule. I am sure I am busy on that day, whatever day the eventually pick.
One of the biggest problems in my health care is getting me to show up. No one is more surprised than me to see me approaching two years of dialysis. In the beginning I cut out a bit and once i just decided to stop going altogether, but other than those blips i am steady as a rock in my attendance.
Another worry is with this infection my blood sugar levels are extremely high. The scale goes from one to ten, and I am 18. So far the nurses either didnt notice or...
I am scared spitless.
SO we shall see what unfolds.
Blessings.




No comments:

Post a Comment