Tuesday 6 March 2012

I went back to church Sunday

I think I have been foolish again, and I am glad I have returned to my senses. I had posted about going back two Sundays ago, and Jim being willing to sit there with me. He is a good man. He sacrifices many times to make me happy, especially when he senses I am nervous or afraid.

The people could not have been kinder, and everyone carried on even though my cough sounds like I brought a small dog in with me. The bug Jim and i had is mostly gone, but has left me with a cough that will make it impossible to sneak in anywhere for awhile.

Something had happened at an evening service, and the elders made a statement referring to it. I was not there, and so I am happy to report I have no idea what went on. That tells a lot about the people who run the church. I simply do not know, and I am happy not to know.

There are many who disappear a little around eleven--the youths, and a few teachers--and it is so encouraging to see the bright bubbly faces, and how happy they are to be in church. I am horribly early each week so no one sees me struggle to sit, and how much aid i need from JIm. Most are punctual, and a few who want to be in church so much they even come in  a wee bit late just to not miss the service. There is room in my church for everyone, even me.

There was a couple celebrating an anniversary to marriage in the bulletin this week. Mick and Roberta  McColgan celebrated their golden wedding anniversary on 24th February, 2012. God bless them.

Because it is a big drafty building, I am sure it will never have central heating, but when the sun pours through the windows itis a golden light, and that light inspires the worship music and all the peripherals that make church so fulfilling. Within our service we have something for everyone. Our Pastor even follows the rugby, so Jim is not excluded or feeling awkward around my set of friends.

So I am back attending regularly. Keep me honest. I am a better person when I go, and Paisley needs to see we can be people of our word.
Blessings to all, especially the love birds McColgans.

No comments:

Post a Comment