Saturday 24 March 2012

and you call yourself a (fill in the blank...)

Today was very eventful for me. For a whole day I did not have to be a patient or listen to the two old grumblepusses I am forced to ride to hospital with every 2nd day. Today was bliss on every corner for me. 


Home base was a big disappointment--way over priced even with the 20% off, like a B&Q with lacy panties. Yes it looked gorgeous, but no substance to justify the price.


Then on to Tesco Greenock which was big and airy and i spent the whole grocery budget but we have fruit and veg again. I even splashed out on Tomato and Butter bean soup, and a huge roast for a ladies party coming up.


Then on to PRFC because Jims rugby seconds had a game against Renfrew-(or was it a drubbing), no i thing the word is gubbing=some ubbing word. In a closer result the First XV had a narrow victory that could really could have gone either way. The game seemed pretty tempestous, but the only people i heard talk us down was a few old-timers who should have known better, and I don't mean Mr Wilson. In spite of the crowd, or because of it, I  cheered even louder and my boys didnt let me down. Scotland itself could not have done better.


After the game I went home to chicken and mac and cheese made by today's winning manager, and it tasted like heaven. The cheer-leading section was made up of June, Jennifer, Allison, Cat and me. it was nice to be with my rugby friends again. Noticeably missing was Colin and Andy who obviously are apish at holding pre-game booze nights.
Colin had promised to come, but, dang that demon rum!


After the game I went home to chicken and mac and cheese made by today's winning manager, and it tasted like heaven. Then Jim is back to the celebratory booze-a-thon and i am getting an early night, as I am bone tired.


One last thing, as so much jewelry must be removed to play safe rugby, I am not responsible for seeing Garys' new piercing, and to be kind he did make a try to day. Percy can't help but be Percy, but he did raise a lot of cash for someone else to run for Sports Relief, (good luck Danny). We tried out a new referee today and he was smashing, although some have to adjust to the ref being a former teammate fort hat day. ALl in all, bliss.AND the team will soon expand as we have some we new recruits due soon. Life is good. I miss Craig, he would have loved today , too!
Blessings, and GO PAISLEY WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment